Puma's 1st interactive store in Bangalore
By Retail4Growth Team | October 14, 2019
With state-of-the-art digitally connected offerings, innovative engagement zones and an in-house customization studio, the refurbished flagship store spread over 7500 square feet, spanning three floors, is located on 100 ft road, Indiranagar, Bangalore and is the brand's first interactive store in the country.
Global sportswear brand PUMA has launched its biggest and entirely redesigned flagship store in India. With a focus on bringing technology, sports and experiential retail under one roof, the company’s first interactive retail store showcases an immersive brand space. With state-of-the-art digitally connected offerings, innovative engagement zones and an in-house customization studio, the flagship store spread over 7500 square feet, spanning three floors is located on 100 ft road, Indiranagar.
Abhishek Ganguly, Managing Director, PUMA India said, “We believe that experience is the biggest proposition for offline retail as much as convenience is a key to online. And, that’s precisely the reason for launching a first-of-its-kind PUMA store in India. The futuristic retail environment is focused on creating an immersive experience by engaging the consumer throughout their shopping journey. As a leading sports brand in the country, we are committed to providing the best of digital and personalized shopping experiences across all platforms and investing in this store reinforces just that.”
In addition to ranging the largest selection of merchandise available at any PUMA store in the country, it features tried and tested experiential elements from the recently launched PUMA store at Fifth
Avenue in New York City. Key highlights include:
- F1 Simulator: Highlighting the success of PUMA’s Motorsport category in India, consumers can enjoy the professional-grade F1 racing simulators and virtually race down the streets of New York City.
- PUMA x YOU: The customization studio allows consumers to customize and personalize PUMA footwear, apparel and accessories using embroidery and print. The on-demand personalization offers over 100 quirky and fun design options to choose from.
- Interactive retail experience: Consumers can now access all PUMA products at the touch of a button. The interactive screen allows them to virtually scan through the entire PUMA range and not limit their selection to styles or colors available at the store. Thus, allowing them to place an order directly from the warehouse and have it shipped to their home.
- PUMA one8 shop-in-shop: India’s leading athlete and PUMA debuted the collaboration in 2017. On the heels of its continued success, the specially designed shop-in-shop features the largest PUMA one8 collection at a dedicated space spread over 100 sq. ft.
- Basketball: The brand’s successful reentry into Basketball globally recently saw PUMA entry into the Performance Basketball category in India. The store will exclusively range the new basketball collection. The growing popularity of the game and fast-changing sporting culture provides immense potential to further promote the adoption of the sport and grow the category in India. This will play a key role in shaping PUMA India’s involvement in Basketball in the future.
- Exclusive product offering: The store will range exclusive global collaborations like Tetris, Helly Hansen, Adriana Lima, Ralph Sampson and Selena Gomez and top of the line performance collections. From motorsport, basketball and football to the limited-edition, the flagship store will retail Sportstyle and performance wear products for men, women and kids.
- Updated retail concept: The design is captivating with clean lines and a very modern look and feel. Taking the consumer on an intuitive shopping journey, the elevated layout and display like illuminated footwear walls focus on the products to ensure they demand attention, stand out and resonate with the consumer. With state-of-the-art double height storefronts, the façade mimics the sole patterns of PUMA’s iconic suede sneakers.