Panasonic’s new PHV Series LED Display set to redefine video production possibilities
By Retail4Growth Bureau | October 11, 2023
The new PHV Series, an ultra-sharp Active LED display technology, helps accentuate Panasonic’s KAIROS platform and enables broadcasters to redefine the possibilities with virtual environments and create a format-free canvas to amplify video production.
As brands move towards ‘phygital’ environments to engage with their customers, the need for a format agnostic unified platform enabling multiple functions also grows stronger. Panasonic System Solutions (SSD) – the business division of a leading diversified technology company Panasonic Life Solutions India (PLSIND), has just announced the new PHV Series, an ultra-sharp Active LED display technology that helps accentuate the potential of its KAIROS IT/IP video processing platform launched in India last year. KAIROS offers complete input and output flexibility, aimed at significantly reducing the operational costs for broadcasters and the content creation industry.
The new PHV series, launched at the ‘Broadcast India Show’ in Mumbai, enables broadcasters to redefine the possibilities of virtual production and create a format-free canvas to amplify video production. Essentially the new solution addresses the key need among broadcast content creators and distributors for a unified technology protocol that can enable multiple functions.
As Vijay Wadhawan, Divisional Director, System Solutions Division, Panasonic Life Solutions India, explains, “Rise in demand for digital content and streaming services is reshaping how content is created, distributed, and consumed. Panasonic is one of the pioneers in this space providing end-to-end solution ranging from state-of-the-art cameras to 4K/IP production using KAIROS and 4K high quality LED display. These solutions can be customised as per enterprise’s needs to support varied formats and interfaces offering unparalleled flexibility and user friendliness.”
He further elaborates, “KAIROS coupled with PHV series Active LED technology is an upgrade to our solutions portfolio. It is an ideal solution for broadcast & media professionals looking to move to a next-generation IT/IP-centric platform delivering unlimited production creativity, regardless of format or content destination. Designed to enable storytellers to minimize uncertainty, the solution facilitates accurate framing of camera. With KAIROS-enabled format-free canvas display, scenes no longer need to be constrained by location or time, thereby, enabling broadcasters to ease the production constraint. The addition of Ultra-Sharp Active LED display strengthens our broadcast and professional solutions portfolio providing a comprehensive solution for Live events, Smart studios, (Gaming and esports) and Video Production houses.”
The advanced display platform comprises multiple features low scan and high frame rate capabilities.
The PHV Series’ Active LED display supports a 7,860Hz refresh rate and features 1000-1500 nits high brightness with a 10-bit Color depth which is a valuable feature in filmmaking for achieving accurate Color reproduction, reducing artefacts, and enhancing the overall visual content quality, informs the company. Additionally, the Active LED Display supports grey-level enhancement, HDR10 compatibility, and a power-saving mode.
PHV displays also offer the ability to customize and fine-tune the Color gamut, a highly beneficial feature for a professional-grade LED screen. This capability ensures the recreation of nearly every Color found in the natural world, thereby expanding the spectrum of Color expression. These displays are well-suited for a diverse array of applications in which the quality and precision of Color reproduction are critical.
Some of the key features of PHV Series’ Ultra-Sharp LED series:
- Hyper Realistic Environments: Virtual display is ushering in a new era of immersive and realistic experiences that transcend traditional forms of media. It has the potential to revolutionize various industries, including entertainment, education, healthcare, and more, by offering unprecedented levels of realism and interactivity
- Dynamic Virtual interaction: By seamlessly blending the digital and physical worlds, performers can engage with XR surroundings in a way that enriches their performances and captivates audiences, opening up new frontiers in the art of storytelling
- HDR-High Dynamic Range image: Enhances the representation of real-world visual effects by capturing a wider range of brightness and detail
- 16-bit greyscale for an abundant picture: Inadequate grey scale control, which frequently occurs due to insufficient current precision, can result in distorted images, which are especially visible during circular grey scale diffusion.
- Ultra-high Color Depth: To enhance the quality of visual reproduction during the filming process, a higher display bit depth is essential for more intricate color representation. PHV Series exhibits up to 1000 nits brightness and is capable of receiving and processing 10-bit color bit depth input.
- Color Matrix for Immersive Excellence: PHV possesses real-time rendering capabilities, fostering seamless synergy between the screen and filming device. The Active LED Display offers precise directional color adjustments, ensuring an immersive visual experience without impacting the display of other colors, delivering a captivating visual feast.
Alongside the PHV Series, Panasonic has also launched the All-In-One (AIO) LED Wall, which comes with Picture-in-Picture mode offering a user-friendly feature that enhances usability by allowing users to work with multiple sources of content simultaneously. The Active LED Display and AIO LED Wall both hold IPX certifications, primarily engineered for exceptional durability and resilience against wear and impact, be it from water exposure or harsh environmental conditions, informs the company.